WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL
Established in the center of Jabalpur city, the school initially started as a boy’s school in 1938. Taking into consideration the importance of girl education and to provide a reliable and accessible source of education to the girls residing in the central part of the city, this school was converted into a Girl’s School in 1942.
With the efforts of the first Principal Late V. Chandra, the school received the High School recognition and in 1945 the girls appeared in the matriculation examination for the first time. In the same year, Smt. Manorama Chaterjee took over as the principal and the current well-known status of the school is because of her efforts. It was during her tenure and with the hard work and guidance of the then Hitkarini Sabha Chairman Lt. Shri. Prabhu Lal Karecha, that on 4 February 1976, the then Chief Minister Hon. Pt. Shyama Charan Shukl renamed the school as “BABU MANMOHAN DAS HITKARINI GIRL’S HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL” in honour of Babu Manmohandas ji.
With the onset of twenty first century, keeping in mind the demand of English medium school, the school commitee and Hitkarini Sabha had taken a major decision to add English medium education in the school and consequently BMD Hitkarini Children Academy was established in the year 2014 AD.
Here, we strive to provide affordable value-based education that ensures children from each and every segment of society are able to obtain education which prepares and encourage them to be creative, independent and leaders of tomorrow.
Discipline, tradition and technology are our basics of education, which extends far beyond the classroom ranging from morning assemblies enriched with contemplation talks, art and craft, labs to playgrounds and many more.
At Babu Manmohandas Hitkarini School’s, we believe to have accomplished the turning point in terms of providing care to children aiming at their overall development